Easter Bliss

Friday 7 June 2024

Creative Artiste #105 June 2024

  ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.


I've had a play with an alternative way to paint a background for a card without using a brush - or my fingers. I have created an 8"x 6" (20 x 15cm) card.

I've used a thick mixed media paper to create the front panel for this card. Using the edge of an old plastic credit card I swiped my watered down  paints lightly across the card panel. I sprayed it with more water to blend and fade. The colours are DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Quinacridone Violet and Cobalt Turquoise Hue.


I used part of stamp #143 Time Flies from Aall & Create on the main panel.


I stamped the butterfly twice so I could cut one out and add a second layer. I painted the butterflies with a brush in the same paints so the colours are more vibrant.


I created the sentiment piece and the outer border for the main panel's matting layer by applying the same colours with brushes for a darker look than the panel.


To create some definition of the layers I heat embossed the edges of the main panel, the base panel, the sentiment and the top butterfly using Versamark and a Docrafts black embossing powder.


I wrapped some black ribbon around the main panel before fixing it to the base card and mounting the sentiment.


I added spatters of White Posca Pen to the main panel and the base card before assembling it with a thin layer of Soft Matt Gel.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
June challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Andree, its so beautiful. I love the darker background edges and butterfly. Makes it stand out. Gorgeous colors together. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you have created for your card Andree. The colours are layers are stunning. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your choice of colours is so dramatic Andree, love how dragging the paints gives a unique print each time. That Butterfly is bold and stunningly large, makes a grand focal image. Really lovely design.
    Happy crafty June.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning card! Loving the beautiful colour combination and the 3-D wings that you created for the butterfly - it looks amazing 😊. Wishing you a happy and creative June! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty, Andree! I like your background creation technique--like smooshing colors onto a page, the unpredictability of swiping a card too makes the process more exciting! :-) I love the colors that you've used, and your addition of a border for dimension really makes the elements pop! Brilliant. I hope you have a super-creative June ahead. xo Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a very beautiful card Andree........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Andree - I adore those bright colours which really make that gorgeous butterfly pop. Here's for a nice warm June full of butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mixed media styled birthday card. I love the images and the colors are so vibrant. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your designs soon. We would also like to invite you to share with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge too.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x