Easter Bliss

Friday 4 November 2022

Creative Artiste #88 November 2022

Well the weathermen weren't wrong about the rain this week but they forgot to mention the 30 mile hour (50 kilometre) winds! We were very brave and had a fun outing to a local marina where we really struggled to walk straight. We rewarded ourselves with some crafty goodies, so, in the end, it was a good trip out.

But before we play with our new toys....

  ....Welcome to a new challenge at

 Creative Artiste

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

This month I have an upcycled biscuit tin to show. I've gone back to my comfort zone of circles, gears, blue and brown.


I white gessoed the top of the tin and then dabbed it with a coat of white acrylic. Once dry, I added a layer of DecoArt One Step Crackle. To colour the lid I used DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Prussian Blue, Cobalt Turquoise and Cobalt Teal in an ombre effect across the tin. I used those same colours for the wooden words.


I made the resin gear elements. Some are using a clear resin which gives a lovely translucent effect when painted. They were all painted with Dark Chocolate DecoArt acrylic and Fluid Acrylic Quinacridone Gold and arranged on the tin with Prima Heavy Body Gel.


I used texture paste through a cogs and gears stencil around the base of the tin. Once dry I painted the tin with Fluid Acrylics Quin Gold and Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide and also a few touches of Dark Chocolate acrylic

 
I finished the base with a coat of Mod Podge Gloss Finish. I tried to create a leather look as I want the tin to have an overall masculine finish so I can gift it to my brother for Christmas.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
November challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:


12 comments:

  1. Wow andree, thats pretty cool. You are so creative. I love the cool and the base really sets it off. Your brother will love it, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came for a closer look at your gorgeous project, Andree. It is utterly delightful and looks, from the side view, just like a birthday cake with chocolate cogs on top ... yum! Brilliant project :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fantastic and great Anfree

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing project! The browns and blues look so beautiful and I love all the texture that you created 😊. I'm sure your brother will love it too! Thanks for the inspiration and Happy November! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project !! Love all the textures, crackle and colours. What a wonderful gift. He will love it. Have a creative week. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This transformation looks as yummy as the biscuits inside! I love the textures and your comfort colours are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bold beautiful colours Andree. Fabulous texture and those mechanical gears and so realistic. Oh and that crackle is gorgeous. A stunning result with this biscuit tin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super nice`made
    Thank you for participating
    until next time
    greetings jolanda bongers
    dt mixed media lovers

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So a beautiful box. Thanks for joining the challenge of Mixed Media Lovers. Greetings Helma DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great what you have made! So glad you joined Mixed Media Lovers.
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's fab, Andree - it looks so good. Thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Craft challenge
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x