Easter Bliss

Friday 4 March 2022

Creative Artiste #80 March 2022

 It's only the 4th of March but already March Madness has started for me. I have two online workshops, two trips away and visiting family this month so far. I'd better get myself organised because, at this rate, anything can happen.

But, before all that ....

 ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge in February. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have now been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

 I have made a pretty little trinket dish to show you. I used one of my favourite Christmas presents from a wonderful crafty friend for the pretty pearly colours. Thank you Pam!

To make the dish I used the top part of a paper cup and made a base from thick card for it. I simply trimmed the cup down, drew around it on thick card, cut the circle out and attached it with soft matt gel to the cup.


I covered the sides, both in and outside, with texture paste using a palette knife to give a rough surface.


Once dry, I painted the dish with my new pearl colour Gansai Tambi pigment paints. I used May Green and Cobalt Blue with a Koi water brush.

I made some resin flowers and painted them with Gansai Tambi pearl colours too. This time I used Lemon Yellow, Scarlet Red and Cobalt Blue. I attached the flowers with soft matt gel.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
March challenge. 
I hope you have a calm, crafty month ahead.

I have entered this project in the following challenges:
I used a left over paper cup
This is a Mother's Day gift

13 comments:

  1. Andree, wow its Gorgeous. I love it
    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is beautiful and such a fabulous idea. I love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Andree. I love your idea for making the trinket dish and might try this myself, if I may. Lovely pearly colours springtime colours and gorgeous resin flowers. Gorgeous project! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful I've inspired you to make your own trinket dish Carole. I'd love to see what you create xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Andree this is gorgeous. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Andree. The beautiful pearl colours are so stunning. The resin flowers are very pretty and really add to the dish. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous upcycle Andree, lovely spring time colours and design so useable too. I love it.
    Enjoy your online courses, break away and family time.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's a beautiful transformation! The pearl spring-like colours look amazing with those pretty flowers - gorgeous πŸ˜€. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy March! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is such a beautiful Mother's Day gift too and it's so lovely of you to join us at Country View Challenges! Thanks so much 😁. Hugs Jo x

      Delete
  8. Wow! what a gorgeous creation you have here Andree. Love the colours, amazing texture and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely project with Springful colours and details. Have a nice (busy) March!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mooi!!!!
    Zo leuk dat je meedoet met Mixed Media Lovers!
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great upcycling project Andree! Your mother will love it.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x