Easter Bliss

Friday 3 December 2021

Creative Artiste #78 December 2021

Christmas is all in hand and sleeps til Santa are being counted. Just two more weeks of school to get through, family present deliveries to make and Christmas cards to finish off. Oh, and an excited little princess to keep amused. I'm sure the time will fly.

Meanwhile ....

 ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

I am showing a small canvas I made for Remembrance Sunday last month.

I started by using small portions of an old Woodware text stamp randomly on the canvas. I then added a thin coat of white gesso over the canvas. Once the gesso was dry I rubbed my Antique Linen Distress Ink pad across the canvas to give it a vintage tinge.

I added some small ripped up pieces of music paper with matte gel and then texture paste through AALL & Create stencil #17.

I glued the poppy image to the centre of the canvas and gave it all a coat of clear gesso.

 Using Derwent Inktense pencils Saddle Brown, Bark and Charcoal Grey with a brush and water I painted shadows around the image, music papers and under the stencilled lines. I also painted around the edges of the canvas to finish.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
December challenge. 

 Creative Artiste will be taking it's annual break in January. The team will be back on February 4th 2022 with Challenge #79.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Andree. I can tell you are very busy! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andree, what a great art piece to celebrate Remembrance Sunday! I’ve studied all your techniques. I thought your base was corrugated cardboard, but no, it’s a canvas. Great job giving your design depth. I like the bits of music paper and the antiquing of the whole piece. Merry Christmas and wishes for a happiest new year ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andree this is stunning I love it. You sound very organised. Have a lovely Christmas. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful canvas and a wonderful tribute and way to remember those on Remembrance Sunday! The background looks amazing, I love the textures, papers and stamps that you used and it showcases those pretty poppies so beautifully 😀. Happy December and have a wonderful Christmas! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special tribute to remembrance Sunday with just the right amount of texture and background colour not overshadowing the importance of the poppy. Beautiful display Andree.
    Wishing you and the family a Happy and safe December.
    Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty canvas Andree. Love the design and beautiful background. Happy Holidays. All the best to you and your family. Looking forward to creating with you and the Creative Artiste crew in 2022. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely this little piece is Andree. Beautiful poppies and love the background and bits of music. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Have a guid New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x