Easter Bliss

Sunday 20 May 2012

Monochrome Steampunk Lady

I used one of the female stamps from Kanban's Jasper set to make this card. It is a match for Monochrome Jasper. This is a birthday card for my Mother in Law. I usually make matching cards for my in-laws as their birthdays are only a week apart. This card is also being entered in Emma's Crafty Challenge #4 at http://www.emmascardsuk.com/p/emmas-crafty-challenge_06.html as the theme is Monochrome.


I started by covering an 8"x8" card blank with silver mirri. For the background I used some free stamps from a magazine called Cardmaking in Easy Steps to create a pattern on a sheet of Super Smooth, then inked it up with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I stamped the dress with Memento's London Fog and coloured it with Promarkers, sticking to pale shades of blue. I used a Spellbinder to cut the image out and inked the edges with Tumbled Glass.


I used Tumbled Glass to ink a length of lace before tying in a bow and adding a heart shaped button and thread. I also inked some die cut flowers and the sentiment piece. The scroll is from Memory Box and the stork scissors are a Marianne die. I'm pleased with the soft and delicate look of this card as I wanted a complete contrast to the darker Monochrome Jasper. They look lovely side by side.

12 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Andree, love the tumbled glass x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! This is so beautiful and elegant, I love the colour and the softness of the card, just so gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love the colours and the image is fabulous. Loving the scissors too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeously delicate! And what colouring skills. I'm either jealous, or motivated to strive for that myself... Which should it be? No, honestly, a perfect card for the occasion!

    Big Belgian Hugs

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, i love this image, Gawjus flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep realy like this one.... First in Class I hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my so beautifull i love the little scissors x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card, simply stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Stunning card Andree, thanks for joining us at Emma's crafty challenge.
    Good luck Px

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning I absolutely love it. The colour is gorgeous. Thanks for joining Emma's Crafty Challenge, NJ X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Love the colour and the frills.

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x