Easter Bliss

Sunday 15 April 2012

New Home

Today I will show the 1st of two New Home cards I made recently. This one was for the adults and the frogs have a personal meaning for the recipient. I just couldn't resist the corny humour to go with them.


I started, as usual, with an 8"x8" blank and distressed the edges to match the colours in the card. The frogs are from the Jane Netley Mayhew Collection part 2 CD,  available from Joanna Sheen. The backing paper is from the Baby Love CD (no longer available) which I thought went perfectly. I took the frogs into MCS to position them together and create the border around them. I created the captions and sentiment at the same time.
I used foam tape to raise the middle of the captions and sentiment, everything else was kept flat. A Marianne die, some uncoloured flowers and Candi which I coloured yellow to finish it off. The flowers look a bit too much like fried eggs in the photo, I was aiming for them to match the lilies on the backing paper. Oh well...
Next time I'll show the other New Home card I made.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous New Home Andree! I love the characters and the papers are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x