Easter Bliss

Saturday 28 April 2012

Bubbles

This is an image from one of my favourite artists; Selina Fenech. She paints beautiful fantasy pictures from which she has recently created stationery and decoupage to download. You can find her downloads here: http://selinafenech.com/products-page/  Have a look and you'll see why I love her wonderful artwork. In the meantime, here is Bubbles, decoupaged and made into a simple birthday card.


I started by inking the edges of my 8"x8" blank with Dusty Concord Distress Ink, then I made a backing paper in MCS by taking a cropped section of the background from Bubbles and stretching it to the size of my blank. I found a background paper on Flutterby Butterflies by MCS with bubbles on it and reduced the opacity, I then overlaid the two.  I also created the sentiment at the same time. The Bubbles decoupage was mounted up and placed on a frame created with Martha Stewart punches and Dusty Concord ink.


 The scroll is a Cheery Lynn leaf flourish die with the leaves removed, and the bubbles were created by punching circles from white card coloured with Distress Inks and sealing with Anita's 3D Gloss.
I didn't want to add too much to the card as I didn't want to detract from the beautiful Bubbles, but I did sprinkle a bit of glitter on her and the bubble embellishments as a finishing touch.

7 comments:

  1. Andree that is lovely love the colours xxxxxxxxxxxx Fab xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG she is one of my fav artists, and now you tell me she does download decoupage!! too exciting lol, and if i can do it even half the justice you have on this lovely card ill be a happy camper

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my word Andree this is just AWESOME! I just love this very much and the fairy is fabulous. I have never heard of this artist before but I will definitely be checking her work out. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, i love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning, I love the beautiful decoupaged image and the die cut frame, bubbles and flourish are all gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that, very gorgeous indeed

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x