Easter Bliss

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Fuchsia Anniversary

I had a request late on Monday night for an Anniversary card for today, Wednesday. The lady likes fuchsias, and quite frankly, after 43 years of marriage the lady is entitled to get what she likes. I didn't get the card finished until late last night so the photograph didn't turn out as well as I would've liked.



I started with the image from The Big One cd from La Pashe. I used a nestie to cut the shape and decoupaged the image. I die cut the frame from silver mirri (despite what it looks like in the photo). The backing paper is from Paintbox Poppets. I just love the colours and pattern of this paper and thought it matched really well. I layered that onto silver mirri and matted them onto an 8" x 8" blank. The sentiment was created in MCS and printed three times so I could decoupage it. The silver mirri scrolls are a Memory Box die and the three white baby's breath flowers are from my stash. I tied a bow from lace and made two hat pins from silver wire and beads to finish off. I was quite pleased with the result.

1 comment:

  1. hi Andree , its kay, i didnt know you had a blog! lol, well im here now following, ( gothicpixxi) and your card is lovely, the colours are so delicate i love it x

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x