Easter Bliss

Friday 13 April 2012

A different Steampunk

I find myself with a few hours peace and quiet while Granddad takes the youngster to play with dinosaurs.  So I thought I'd better not waste the opportunity to post something.
This Steampunk image is from a Jems Design's CD called The Age of Steampunk. It's full of beautiful images of women and girls from the era. This one is called Victoria and I chose her for a young girl's birthday card. I made this card a few months ago but I need another card for a young girl and think I might use this image again.


I first printed out the decoupage sheet on the CD and made up the topper by layering Victoria onto a pink polka dot paper and silver mirri. I glittered up her skirt - because every girl should have some glitter.
I edged a white 8"x8" blank with spun sugar Distress ink. I used black Kanban card trimmed using a Spellbinder Edgeability die and did the same to the matching backing paper from the CD. I attached a strip of velvet ribbon before matting onto the card blank. More black card matted onto silver mirri and the decoupage on top. The sentiment was created in MCS and layered onto black card.
I made a couple of velvet ribbon loops to look like a bow and made the roses. I added scrolls and a feather, some candi and a black button to finish off.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always Andree, gorgeous colours, just right for a little lady, I'm sure she will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Andree this is just gorgeous. I love Victoria and the embellishments are fabulous. Another CD that I just have to get :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Andree. I love the image and your composition of this is just perfect. Super colour palette and finishing touches are spot on. I am now following your blog.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i said lol.... stunning card , love the colour its a wonderfull design xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Andreelove the image and the embellishments:-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card Andree xxxxxxxx cd to go on my ever lengthning list xx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x