Easter Bliss

Friday 2 August 2024

Creative Artiste #107 August 2024

  ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.


One of my beautiful daughters loves vintage roses so I made her this hexagon canvas. It measures 11.5" (30 cms) from point to opposite point.

All the ephemera is from a very old set by Kaisercraft, apart from a die cut heart and the Cheery Lynn die cut leaf flourishes.


I started by using texture paste through a DecoArt Americana Decor text stencil randomly over the canvas.
I then tore up up some old book pages and coloured them with watered powders from Lindy's Magicals Nantucket Pearls set.
Once stuck down with Soft Matt Gel, and dried, I gave the canvas a coat of white gesso.
Next, I used the Magicals to colour areas of the canvas and gave another coat of white gesso.


I used the texture paste on the some of the sides of the canvas and extended the book pages around the sides too.


I assembled the floral elements by layering some of them up on blocks of differing heights that I made from acetate. To do this, I cut the acetate into strips and scored it to fold it into 5 equal squares. I then folded each one into a cube and glued it into place under a flower with Heavy Body Gel.
I die cut the leaf flourishes and coloured them with green Copics. I glued several layers together for stability. I chopped the flourishes up and tucked the pieces in between the roses.


I die cut a small heart and coloured it with the Salt Water Taffy Magical. I added the frame, the birds, a little butterfly and the word Adore. I finished the canvas with some clear glass flat backed beads.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
August challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:



6 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Andree......gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful canvas! I love the hexagon shape and the way you layered the background creating such lovely texture and detail. It's the perfect backdrop for those pretty floral elements 😊. Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great canvas shape, the book page layers add real romance to the design. Built up with so many pretty elements I can totally agree with your Daughter.. who doesn't love a Vintage style rose.. stunning!!
    Take care of yourself this month Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo beautiful Andree, she will adore it. I love the colors, heart and bird. Lots of layers ❤️. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delicate and summery Andree - I do love Kaisercraft papers and you've given them pride of place in this lovely canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning canvas, Andree! The flowers and leaves appear so lush, and I love the colors in there. Awesome depth of layering too, your acetate cubes turned out perfect for the job. Your daughter is so lucky to receive this work of art! Wishing you a lovely August. Anita xo

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x