Easter Bliss

Friday 1 March 2024

Creative Artiste #102 March 2024

  This is my second post for today. Please scroll down for my Cards Galore Encore challenge post.

March is going to be a busy month for us with family visits, a much anticipated school trip and Easter holidays.

But before all that....

....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

I was sent some gorgeous embellishments a while ago by my lovely friend Pam.  I've been waiting for the creative urge to do them justice and it finally came to me. 
I have made a 10" x 12" (25 x 31cm) canvas board that I've called Diamonds and Pearls in honour of the sparkly embellishments.  


I started by priming the canvas with white gesso.  I then lightly stamped some text in random areas.


Next,  I used Prima Soft Matt Gel to fix strips of cotton and lace to the canvas.  I twisted the fabrics to give interest,  dimension and create little pockets to tuck some of the elements into.


Once the fabrics were dry and stiff I added little blue fabric cornflowers,  some white paper roses,  pearl strands,  flower buds,  Prima Artstones and the all important diamond and pearl embellishments.


The main focal piece is a 7" (18cm) resin moth I made using the Prima Mecha Moth mould.  I painted it with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics blended with water and added it to the canvas with Prima Heavy Body Gel.


I used Distress Oxide Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire with water to add the blue colouring to the fabrics,  paper roses,  Prima Artstones and canvas. 
I finished by rubbing the moth and Artstones with Pebeo Silver Gilding Wax.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
March challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I love what you did with the fabric and lace. The gems and moth really stand out. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Andree. I love that ribbon. What a great idea, and then all the bits and pieces really makes it stand out. Happy March to you, and thanks for having me join you for the month again also. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Andree! I love the color and all the embellishments. It's smart how you twisted the ribbons; it instantly adds so much to the project. The moth looks so serene amongst the sparkly stuff around it. Love all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanette Jackson2 March 2024 at 16:48

    Absolutely gorgeous, I must have a go at this 😍 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Andree!! Love the layers and all the interesting details. So beautiful. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great piece Andree - although I'm not good with insects this moth is so beautiful I can cope with him lol! I love all those blue colours and how you inked up those fabric pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So delightful and what a pretty name *Diamonds and Pearls* Fabulous build up of layers and elements and those blue hues really do bring out every inch of it's dimension and detail. Magnificent!!
    Happy creative March Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning canvas! Loving how you layered up the fabrics and lace, they add lovely texture and form a beautiful base for all those elements that you added - amazing 😊. Thanks for the inspiration, I've always wanted to try this technique but never really know where to start as I'm sure I could get it very messy and muddy ... 😆. Take care and Happy February ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, I'm a month behind, I meant to say Happy March ...lol ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Andree this just blew me away with it's absolute beauty. Simply stunning and so much eye candy. Love all the photos along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a stunning piece of artwork. Love the colour and all those gorgeous textures Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x