Easter Bliss

Friday 7 October 2022

Creative Artiste #87 October 2022

  ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

I have upcycled an old chocolate box this month.

I started with a couple of coats of thick white gesso all over the top box piece as it was originally a dark green. I then used texture paste through a text stencil randomly over the top and sides of the top piece.
I painted the base sides with DecoArt Quinacridone Violet fluid acrylic and set it aside.

I used a frame, some flowers, a couple of butterflies and various sized beads that I'd made from resin to decorate the box lid. I stuck everything in place with more texture paste.
When it was all dry I used DecoArt fluid acrylics Primary Magenta and  Quinacridone Violet with lots of water to add colour to the elements and box lid.


Once everything was dry I then had some fun by sprinkling and heat embossing Aged Gold and Chunky Gold Frantage all over the top and sides.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
October challenge. 


I have entered this project in the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Stunning creation Andree! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! The pink with the gold touches looks so amazing and I love the beautiful resin pieces that you adorned the box with - gorgeous 😊. The texture is fabulous and using EP is such anfab idea. I've always wanted to try creating a page using these techniques but arranging all the pieces together and then covering them for some reason always overwhelms me, maybe I could give this try. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a Happy October! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andree, WOW just Wow. Its absolutely gorgeous. I love the pink with gold. What a beautiful piece you created. Love it, hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art piece Andree. Stunning colours and design. Love all that texture. Have a creative week. hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Lots of gorgeous texture and detail and the pink and gold is very opulent, I love it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation and transformation for this box! The rich textures along to the colours you used make a gorgeous and rich arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice card
    Thank you for joining our challenge
    greetings jolanda bongers
    dt mixed media lovers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how gorgeous is this piece! The gold and pink are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all I hope you enjoyed the chocolates! I can only imagine how more beautiful this box is IRL. Love the soft pink tones and all that gold. Love this one Andree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that's a stunning finish. Love the gold against the pink. Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prachtig wat je gemaakt hebt!
    Zo fijn dat je meedoet bij de Mixed Media Lovers!
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x