Easter Bliss

Friday 6 May 2022

Creative Artiste #82 May 2022

 Happy Friday everyone!

Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

I recently took an online class with Finnabair through Art Workshops and this is what I made.

The class was all about exploring our "Signature Style". I discovered that I like circles, turquoise/blues and cogs/gears.


I first white gessoed a 12" (30 cm) canvas and then randomly stencilled circles using AALL & Create #87 Totally Dotty stencil with soft matt gel.


I worked on my composition using empty ribbon and tape reels. I made some cogs and flat back beads with resin. I fixed everything in place with heavy body gel and gave it all a coat of white gesso.


Once everything was dry I used watered DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Prussian Blue, Cobalt Teal Hue and Quinacridone Gold  to colour the cogs and canvas. I also added touches of Pebeo gold wax to the beads and some cogs.


I coloured Prima Art Stones with Cobalt Teal fluid acrylic and used Soft Matt Gel to add them to random areas. I chose a Tim Holtz Paper Doll and placed her on a pair of resin wings I'd made and painted in pale blue acrylic. Lastly, I added the words around the top half of the canvas with a dark blue Posca pen.



I've called this piece "My Sanctuary" as it represents my happy place.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
May challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Hi Andree, what a beautiful piece. I love love the color, added circles, and the girl with the resin wings added. Very creative as always. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a stunning project! It looks like you had so much fun on that Finnabair workshop and your make is amazing, the colours and rusty cogs are gorgeous - love it 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy May! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andree this is a masterpiece of beauty. Love your colour choices. Great stencilling and fabulous bits and bobs. So much 'lovely' to feast our eyes on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you're ready for Steampunk gorgeous pieces! I love the blue and white, giving lightness and fresh air to the strong cogs and gears composition. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your piece Andree. So many beautiful details and elements.. Your words are so perfect for the project. Have a creative week. xxx Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely an amazing combination of mixed media, the colour and shape is magnificent. Circles give the biggest creative hug of all. What a masterpiece this is Andree.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mooie creatie heb je gemaakt! Zo fijn dat je meedoet met Mixed Media Lovers!
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice card with all those buttons
    Thank you for joining our challenge
    greetings jolanda bongers
    dt mixed media lovers

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x