Easter Bliss

Friday 1 April 2022

Creative Artiste #81 April 2022

Welcome to April. This is my second post for today. Please scroll down for my post for the Crafts Galore Encore challenge.

April is going to be another busy month for us with Easter celebrations, school holiday activities and visitors we haven't been able to see for a couple of years. I'd better get on with the Spring cleaning to get the house ready. Meanwhile ....

....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

This month I have made an Easter basket for yummy little chocolate eggs.

The basket is made from a piece of thick greyboard measuring 8"x 9" (20 x 23cm).


I measured, cut and scored the board so it could be folded into a basket shape. I covered the inside and outer sides with Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Entomology Collage paper using soft matt gel to stick it down. I kept the diamond shaped cut-offs to decorate the basket.


I glued the basket sides together with PVA and painted it with the Gansai Tambi Pearl Colours Lemon Yellow and Pearl Pink.


I coloured the diamond shapes with DecoArt Wild Rose Pink acrylic paint. I mixed some texture paste with Docrafts Artiste Canary Yellow acrylic paint and passed it through a distressed harlequin stencil.

I gave both sides of the diamonds a coat of Gansai Tambi White Gold to make them shimmer and outlined all the basket edges in black ink. I attached the diamonds to the basket with soft matt gel.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
April challenge. 

Please scroll down for my Crafts Galore Encore challenge post.

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Hi Andree this is a fantastic box. How lovely to fill it with eggs. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing make! I loved seeing it all come together and I have that Tim Holtz collage paper too, I don't think I've used it yet 😁. Those mini Easter eggs look so perfect in their new box too, your design is stunning! Happy April! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andree, you are so creative. I love your basket. Beautiful work. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great creation for Easter... and more. I couldn't wait to see this basket empty to admire the background you made with these beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the3 Easter theme you have created for this months challenge, Beautiful basket you have created. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever and creative Andree. Love the end result colour wise and the pretty collage paper. Perfect for all those yummy easter eggs and sure not to last long. Happy Easter and enjoy catching up with all your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great idea Andree and such a useful shape too, beautifully decorated. I can see this little basket being filled up all year round with many different things but for now I love it filled with those tempting chocolate eggs Yum!!
    Happy creative month and have a fabulous Easter.
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Easter basket and so beautifully decorated love the TH papers and how you added the diamond cut offs too-I agree with above comment could even be used all year round too.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful design - such a clever construction.

    Thanks for joining us at the Arty Divas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Cute as a Button Challenge too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous idea!

    Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x