Easter Bliss

Friday 4 February 2022

Creative Artiste #79 February 2022

 ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge in December 2021. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have now been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

I have made a notebook holder for my crafty ideas this year.

The holder is made from thick greyboard. I cut the two panels and spine and stuck them together with black tape. I then painted it all with black gesso.


I used my Gelli plate with a brayer and some bright acrylic paints to colour a stack of plain copy paper. Once dried, I stamped the papers with flowers and cut them all out. This is a technique I learned at a Birgit Koopsen workshop in 2018.


I stuck the flowers to the covers with soft matt gel, overlapping where necessary to fill in the spaces. I decorated the inside front cover too.


I painted a piece of greyboard with black gesso to use as a holder for the notebook. I fixed it to the inside of the back cover with foam pads so I could slide the reporter's style notebook in place.


I added doodles down the spine and in any gaps between flowers with Posca pens. I also added white dots to the flowers as highlights.
Now I just need to come up with some ideas to put in the notebook....

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
February challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow Andree this is stunning. It would make such a lovely gift. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andree, its Absolutely gorgeous. I love the bright pretty flowers. A beautiful notebook. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andree, wow this is beautiful, glad to see you are keeping well and still crafting.
    Hugs
    Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely this creation is Andree, so cheerful in colour full of flowers that truly bloom. What a delight it will be to jot down your creative ideas, they will come flooding in with this inspiring make. Beautiful.
    Creative February Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous notebook holder, Andree. The colours and flowers are wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colours, so bright and colourful. Beautiful work as always Andree. Have a wonderful creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a stunning notebook! I love how it all came together with all those brightly coloured flowers - amazing 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a Happy February! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous holder for your notebook, Andrée. The contrast between black white and these bright colours is beautiful. I notice the technique you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Andree how fun that we were on the same waive length this month. I do however like your idea having the notebook inside your amazing and oh so colourful folder. Gives me thought for doing the same sometime as my notebook isn't bulky. Love the result you got and great doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this cover, so bright and cheerful, a reminder that Spring is on it's way...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what I see is SPRING! Love how you created your holder. Such beautyful one. Must be a joy to keep your work in it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x