Easter Bliss

Friday 5 March 2021

Creative Artiste #69 March 2021

 I should be happy it's nearly the weekend and I get a break from homeschooling, but ours is a sad house at the moment as we come to terms with a family member's sudden passing and we prepare the funeral. Stay safe everyone, this virus can effect anyone, of any age. 

Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
and we have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for our winners.

I have created a sea themed CD to inspire you.

I started by gessoing an old CD and adding texture paste through a circle stencil. Once dried I gessoed it again. 


I then used DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Prussian Blue Hue and Cobalt Turquoise Hue. I flushed the colours with plenty of water then left the disc to dry. It creates a fabulous texture with the gesso bubbling up.


I used paper clay and Katy Sue moulds to make the shells, seahorses, fish and leaves.
Once I'd stuck everything down I added Prima Artstones in the gaps.


I painted the individual pieces with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics using Quinacridone Gold, Green Gold, Diarylide Yellow and Titan Buff and sprayed with water. I also added more of the blue colours.


To finish I painted the small shells with Golden Fluid Acrylic Iridescent Pearl (Fine) for a bit of shine and darkened the edges of the disc.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our March challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Andree this is quiet magical, a beautiful little sea scape that can be held in one hand. Reminds me of a plate my dear Great Grandmother used to have in her *Dont touch* display cabinet. It's the second time this week that i've seen someone use a CD, so clever. I hope it's on show for all to see.
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andree, soo creative. A beautiful piece. Love that you repurposed a cd.
    Many hugs as you go thru this heartbreaking time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andree this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Sea Scape Andree, love your design and colour scheme. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing transformation! I love how you used the old CD and the fresh bright design, the way you've coloured and arranged the moulded elements are so realistic - stunning 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a Happy March! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is gorgeous Andree great job
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Thank you so much for my GD spot at Creative Artiste this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rich underwater scene; I love the colours you chose, and the work on the textures as this bubbling gesso. My best thoughts for you and your family through these hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear your news Andree. this is a fabulous project. Take care and thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful piece you have made here Andree. Love how peaceful under the sea is with those two fish swimming around with not a care in the world. Gorgeous colours! So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowee what an awesome project!!!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x