Easter Bliss

Friday 7 August 2020

Creative Artiste #63 August 2020

We heard it was going to be nice weather this week so decided to have a few days away visiting family. Although its been warm, I'm not sure where the sun has gone. But, while I wait ....
.... there's a new challenge at
Creative Artiste is a challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge in July. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
and we have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for our winners.

I have a home decor project to show this month.

This is an 8"x 8" (20cm x 20cm) wooden box frame. I started by disassembling it and discarding the glass.

I cut a sheet of watercolour card to fit and gave it a coat of pale yellow acrylic paint. I did some random, second generation text stamping and sprinkled on some spots of Lindy's Magicals with water.

I painted a couple of wooden hearts with gesso then used texture paste through a text stencil. Once dry, I gave them a coat of pale pink acrylic. I added some lace flowers to the base card and fixed the hearts on top.

I started the main arrangement with some pieces of bark and wooden skewers. I then added some fabric flowers, leaves and Prima Artstones around the arrangement.
I put everything back together and now have a lovely piece of home decor.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our August challenge. 

Yay! The sun has come out to play!

I've entered this project in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning make! I love the box frame design and the soft washes of colour with the pretty lace, hearts and flowers - perfect 😀. Take care and wishing you a Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andree. I love it,soo beautiful. Lovely delicate flowers,lace and yellow color.Nice summery feel. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous box frame, love the soft delicate colours. Have a great August.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home decor creation Andree, delicate colours amongst texture makes me want to see it up close and examine it. I can imagine just how pretty it looks within the home. Fabulous, inspiring I'm sure your are so proud of this piece.
    Wishing you a super weekend, stay safe Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andree this is a stunning I love it. That will look fantastic on the wall. I hope you are all safe and well. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely creation for the home indeed. I love the soft colours and the so delicate flowers. Have a nice week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Andree, the soft colours are so beautiful. Very lovely creation. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have certainly made this into a lovely piece Andree. I too love the soft colour choice you made. Great arrangement with those lovely elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous box and so creative. Love the muted colors! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant card and gorgeous flowers. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x