Easter Bliss

Friday 7 June 2019

Creative Artiste #50 June 2019

How has your week been? I'm being kept very busy here. My prep is all done for my Trimcraft demos but I still have some birthday cards to make and some mixed media classes to organise. I'm hoping to find some extra crafty time for me in between commitments and family life. But duty first ...

...Welcome to my June challenge post for 
Creative Artiste is a challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered Challenge #49 in May. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have been announced on the blog.

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

I have a 12"x 9" (30 x 23 cms)  canvas to show today. I wanted to create a vintage looking canvas and decided to only use Distress Oxides for colour. The colours I chose are Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick and Broken China.

I mixed texture paste with Vintage Photo and passed it through a stencil over the background. I mixed the pink and blue DOX colours with white gesso and applied thinly to the canvas with a palette knife then used a wet wipe to add Antique Linen to the uncoloured areas.

I started to assemble the arrangement with three wooden sticks and an old CD. The CD was coloured with gesso mixed with the pink and blue DOX. I coloured die-cuts and circles with gesso mixed with DOX and some by just dipping in watered DOX.

The ephemera is from an old Kaiserkraft collection and the flowers are my handmade paper ones coloured with the DOX. I tucked scraps of cheesecloth in random areas.

The die-cuts are using dies from Fantasy and Marianne and added to the arrangement with either gel medium or foam pads to create the levels of dimension.

I finished the project by adding Prima Artstones around the base and in the flower centres. Also a few glass beads.
I was really pleased to be able to use the Distress Oxides in different ways to colour this project. I love the soft colours they produce.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter the challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the wonderful mixed media projects created by our talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our June challenge.
I'm demoing at The Range in Llanelli tomorrow (Saturday 8th) from 10am til 4pm. Please join me if you're in the area, and have a great weekend if you're not!

I've entered this project in the following challenges:

17 comments:

  1. Andree, its soo beautiful. Love your background and those beautiful flowers you made. Very pretty colors together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and has a vintage shabby chic look to it. Love the pastel shades too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andree this is stunning I love it. You create so many beautiful things. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - such a soft and pretty LO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning page! The texture in the background with the layers of empherea looks so beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for having me as a Guest Design Team member too! Happy weekend! Jox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shabby chic canvas: so many details and soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous such soft pretty colours and the details are perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is just so much beauty in this canvas Andree and taking time to let it all sink in. Love the soft colour choice. The background looks amazing. I have never used oxide inks with texture paste or gesso before. Thanks for the tip. Your flowers are beautiful too. Simply love what you have created here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project Andree. The colours are so soft and pretty. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so pretty with those gorgeous, feminine pastel colours! Great design and texture too!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, Andree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MIU, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation Andree - love the soft colour tones on this one. Hope the demos are going well. I have 2 left! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the delicate color scheme. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much beautiful texture and pattern, it's gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Andree this is a stunning canvas. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x