Easter Bliss

Friday 1 February 2019

Creative Artiste #46 February 2019

This is my second post of the day. Please scroll down for my Crafts Galore Encore challenge post.

Welcome to my first post of 2019 for 
We had a month off from the challenge while we held a DT call and selected some new members for our team. Don't forget to pop over to the blog to meet them.

Creative Artiste is a challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered Challenge #45 in December. Your projects were all wonderful and our winner was announced on the blog in January.

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

We have decided not to have sponsors this year. Our design team now have the freedom to create whatever projects take their fancy and have no restrictions on their creativity.

I decided to do some decluttering after Christmas and found I had a lot of CDs I no longer wanted. Turns out they make a fabulous substrate....

I used a CD as the base layer and die cut circles for the two other layers from strong greyboard.
All layers were gessoed and then decorated with a selection of MDF and metal cogs.

I mixed some Prima Artstones with gel medium and applied those to the discs. Once everything was dry I gave it all a coat of gesso.

I watered down DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in Prussian Blue Hue and Quinacridone Gold and used a brush to apply the colours. I moved the paints around with some water spray until I was happy with the blends and coverage.

Once dry, I gave a light coating of Ice Crystal Glamour Dust over the Artstones. My final touch was sticking some fibres randomly to the discs before I mounted them up using gel medium and the centre pieces from empty ribbon reels.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter the challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the wonderful mixed media projects created by the new and existing members of our talented team.  Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in the challenge.

I've entered this project in the following challenges:
http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.com/2019/02/new-year-new-challenge.html
http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.com/2019/02/februarys-challenge.html
https://mixitupchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/02/miucb-22-anything-goes-rubberband.html
https://bleedingartchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/january-challenge-anything-goes.html x


31 comments:

  1. A clever way to up-cycle. Great project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Andree this is absolutely stunning I love it. Stay safe and warm. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Andree, you know I love my steampunk.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice of colours for this creation. Good to find an use for old CDs.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, lady! So glad to be part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love all the textures - there is so much to look at.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome love all the textures xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Andree what a project you have created here. Certainly thinking outside the box. Stunning colour combination. Love the layers and elements you used here. So thankful to be part of The Team.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to use those old CDs, fabulous colours and textures a beautiful project.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surprised to see the base is from CD! Great composition of elements and soft tones, I love the diferent shades.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the mix of soft colours on this project - sort of Steampunk meets Flowery Meadow!

    I usually end up using old cds as coasters on my desks, and for standing plant pots on. Your idea is considerably more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's lovely - such pretty colours and what a great way to make use of unwanted CDs.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning project. Beautiful colour and details. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the lively colours-this is so cool and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, thank you for joining us over a Bleeding Art.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree they do make a fun base for lots of projects. The colours you used are terrific. Thanks for linking to Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great use of CDs Andree - very clever project! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous project, Andree! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! thank you for playing with us at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  20. An amazing project AndrƩe, as always blown away by your mixed media projects! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! Love those colours. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous project Andree, love it!!
    Hugs D xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So creative!! Thanks for joining us at Mix It Up this month. Anne MIUCB DT .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous creation. Thank your for joining us at the Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenges. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great way to use old CD's. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics with this amazing creation.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi I am a new follower . I am hoping to get into mixed-media and I thought your blog would be an inspiration . Follow me back if you like . Your project is beautiful .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    PS I am having a prize giveaway on my blog , stop by if you like .

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Andree! Thanks for your comment on my art journal page. It was a pleasure to join the challenge.
    Your cd art looks amazing, and so inspiring! I love the textures and colours. It's been a while since I altered a cd, I have a stack of them somewhere ;-)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x