....Welcome to a new challenge at
Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.
I love using deep photo frames to make shadow boxes for home decor projects. I've used this one to make an underwater scene.
The frame is 8"x 8" (20 x 20cms) and came already in deep blue.
I used Paper Clay and some sea themed moulds from Katy Sue Designs to create my elements. I also used a wonderful MDF mermaid and bubbles from Samantha K Gifts.
1. I ripped up a cardboard box to create a background to fit inside the frame and placed the elements inside to decide on the arrangement.
2. I glued the cardboard together using Prima 3D Matt Gel and gave everything a coat of white gesso.
3. I used DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Vermillion and Hansa Yellow Medium with water to colour the elements. I used gold acrylic to paint the mermaid and bubbles.
4. I glued the cardboard to the base and dabbed on Burnt Umber and Purple Passion Acrylics. I used water to move the paints around and blend them.
5. I added some Bright Purple acrylic to the cardboard structure.
6. I then added Teal Fluid acrylic to the base and cardboard, using water to blend it.
7. I replaced the base inside the frame and glued some Prima Art Stones mixed with 3D Matt Gel along the bottom.
8. I dabbed the Art Stones with Burnt Umber acrylic and dried everything well.
I placed the golden mermaid in the centre and glued her in place with 3D Matt Gel.
I dotted the seahorses, shells and fish around the scene and used 3D Matt Gel to glue them in place.
I finished the frame with some old netting across two corners.
Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our
August challenge.
I have entered this project in the following challenges:






Adore the colours you chose for this Andree, lovely layer upon layer. Beautiful sea theme, perfect weather for it!!
ReplyDeleteHappy creative August Take care Tracey x
I love it Andree. What a cool background you created. Fantastic colors and scene. Hugs xxx
ReplyDelete