Easter Bliss

Friday 6 September 2024

Creative Artiste #108 September 2024

  ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.


I've made an 8"x 8" (20 x 20cm) canvas.
I started by gessoing the canvas in white. I used an old Tim Holtz flourish stencil from Set 10 for the canvas and the wooden hearts.


I made some some texture paste with a pink acrylic paint this time and passed it through the stencil onto the canvas. I left it to dry.


I then spattered some watered down Salvaged Patina DOX and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink refill across the canvas.


While that dried I painted two wooden hearts with Pebeo matt Fairy Pink acrylic paint, dried them and used Picked Raspberry DOX with the stencil over the hearts.


I glued some lengths of ribbon across the canvas before gluing the hearts in place with Prima Heavy Body Gel and adding the pretty paper roses from Prima.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
September challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. it's beautiful Andree........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gorgeous Andree. I love the colors and nice touch with the velvet ribbon. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful canvas! I love the colour palette and how you coordinated the stenciling and heart design - stunning 😊. Take care and wishing you a Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty colours Andree - I need to get my canvases out again and have another play. I love the summery colours here - reminds us of the summer we didn't have lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty canvas, Andree, and refreshingly uncomplicated!! I love the beautiful combo of pink and blue too. Wishing you a creative September ahead. xo Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning canvas Andree. Beautifully designed. The colours are so special. Hope you have a creative month. hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find mixed media creations so difficult to do myself. This is very pretty!

    Thanks for playing along with my not a card challenge over at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautifully designed canvas in a delightful delicate pastel colourway. Have a great rest of the week - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colourful background Andree and those gorgeous stencilled hearts really pop. Nice finish with the ribbon and pretty blue flowers. Lovely to be back MM-ing with you all again. Hoping to get more play time soon.

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x