Easter Bliss

Friday 3 November 2023

Creative Artiste #99 November 2023)

  ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

I have made a small ombre canvas using a fun technique I haven't done in a while.

I used my Crayola wax crayons for the background. I scribbled the colours onto the canvas and heated them up with my heat gun. I added more crayon as I went along and blended the colours with a dry cloth.


I added the stars using home made texture paste through a Dinky Stencil from That's Crafty. Before the texture paste had dried I painted the stars with DecoArt Glamour Dust to give them a subtle sheen.


I then added the birds using a Bee Crafty stamp called Winged Things with black Versafine ink. There is also a single bird stamp from an old Docrafts set that I used randomly too.


The birds are on one stamp and I cut a few of them free to use individually. I stamped those in between the stars. To be honest I'm not sure all of the birds are flying upright. Oops! But I like the overall effect.


I hand drew the banner, cut it out and coloured it with Copics to match the canvas colours. I wrote the sentiment with a black Posca pen and added it to the canvas with foam pads.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
November challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Andree. Love the crayon effect. That's cool. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great technique with the crayons, they blend so well into the canvas. The dark stamped birds make a real statement against the background, very uplifting Andree.
    Wishing you well take care Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely canvas, Andree! Love your combination of various bird stamps. It looks like the birds are all circling towards the sky, and thus they don't have to be strictly upright. :-) The crayon technique sounds interesting--I'm gonna have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful make! The texture from the canvas with the gorgeous coloured crayons provides the perfect backdrop for the birds and stencilled paste - love it 😊. Happy November ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas! What a great way to use old crayons; I need to try this fun technique! So happy you shared with us at The Outlawz Anything Goes in a Craft Free Zone! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this canvas Andree - you can really lose yourself in all those lovely birds. And wax crayons - wow another technique I'd forgotten about and will have to add to my 'to try' list! I love your hand drawn banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely textured background Andree. Beautiful blending and how those birds fly high and free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool technique! Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the blend of color on the base of the card and the texture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Love the technique and will be trying it soon. Thanks for joining us at AG in a Card Free Zone Challenge over at the Outlawz Challenges. Hugs, Shirley M., DT

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x