Easter Bliss

Friday 2 June 2023

Creative Artiste #94 June 2023

  ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have been announced on the blog.

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.


This is a 12" x 9" (30 x 23cm) canvas board.

I think everyone knows I love turquoise and teal, but here I've used darker greens than I normally work with to create this canvas. I love the rich results with the gold highlights.



I started by using texture paste through stencil #45 from Aall & Create randomly all over the canvas. I then painted it all with black gesso.



To add some extra dimension to the elements I arranged some black straws on the canvas, cutting them to fit and fixing in place with soft matt gel.



I made the cogs and clock from resin using Prima moulds. I used Mecha MothClock Faces, and Machine Parts. I arranged the resin elements I'd made across the canvas and glued them with Heavy Body Gel.



I filled in some of the spaces with Prima Artstones and Mini Artstones mixed with Soft Matt Gel. I then covered everything with black gesso.



I dabbed Prima Art Alchemy acrylic metallic paints Mermaid Teal and Emerald Green over the elements and canvas and used water to spread and blend the paints.



I applied Prima Metallic Emerald Wax, Prima Opal Magic Turquoise Satin Wax and Pebeo Empire Gold Gilding wax with stiff brushes to the elements and across areas of the canvas.
To finish, I darkened some areas of the arrangement with watered black gesso and buffed the wax highlights.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
June challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Andree, i love it. Looks great in green and gold. Very rich. Awesome details. You are so creative, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness where to start with this amazing project. I love it - and now I need black gesso in my life! Those gears are just wonderful and the use of the straws in inspired. Love this Andree x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning Andree

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous canvas love the colour great texture and embellishments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly scrumptious Andree, love the shift of colour and the depth achieved within the build up of the background. Gorgeous creation.
    Happy Crafty June Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Stunning mixed media board Andree. The colour and details are so lovely. Have a creative month Judy,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Andree this is stunning! I love every bit of what you have done here. The colours are so beautiful and all your bits and bobs worked together perfectly. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning project!! I really love all the elements you used. What a great piece.Thank you for sharing with us over here at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
    Barbara DT Member for https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all that texture and colour. Stunning. Have a creative week Andree. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! a stunning project, Andree, wonderful textures and colours with so much detail to it too Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project , texture and color, congrats 💐👏 happy day

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x