Easter Bliss

Friday 5 May 2023

Creative Artiste #93 May 2023

 Another Bank Holiday weekend in Britain! This time for the King's Coronation. It gives us another chance for a family visit and celebration. It's certainly been a wonderful Spring so far with all the family gatherings we are able to have. They might have seriously cut into my crafting time but I do love being able to spend quality time with my family.

So, before the weekend starts ....

 ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.


I have made a set of four mixed media cards this month. I can leave them like this or add a sentiment to them when I decide to use them.

It's a lot of fun - and very messy - making mixed media cards so I like to make a few of them at a time. That way I can stick to using the same mediums and similar products for every stage.


I started these cards by blending DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Prussian Blue Hue with water on 6" (15cm) squares of mixed media card. Once dried I used a 3rd generation stamp technique randomly on the card squares with some Aall & Create stamps.


I then used texture paste through some Aall & Create stencils on each piece and added some more colour by spattering Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink. I also splattered the squares with black and white Posca pens.


I coloured some stamped flowers firstly with watered Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink then with Broken China Distress Oxide and water and cut them out. I added touches of  White Posca pen to details on each flower and edged each one with black pen.


I stamped some words and cut them out. They were coloured with watered Distress Oxide Faded Jeans and then Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon with water. I ran a black pen around the edges to add definition.


I assembled the card fronts with some painted Tando Creative greyboard pieces and added some cheesecloth twists I'd tied with strips of turquoise lace. Then the flowers and words were fixed in place using a combination of foam pads and Soft Matt Gel.
I coloured four card blank edges with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide, randomly added stamping and black Posca splats before fixing the Mixed Media panels in place with Soft Matt Gel.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the wonderful mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
May challenge. 

I have entered this card set in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! I could certainly get used to the 3 day weekends! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Andree. Love the design of each card, Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Andree, love the blend of blues and how you left them all ready and set up to add your required sentiment. Beautiful and creative designs.
    Happy Crafting Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely set of cards with such inspiring words! I love the repeated stamped background with the mix of the textured stencil over it! The color is brilliant too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your mixed media cards are stunning! I love how they came together and the stencilled texture paste looks fabulous against the blues - perfect 😊. Happy wishes and I hope you're having a wonderful May! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andree, they are all soo pretty. Beautiful color. I always enjoying reading about your process. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Andree - and love seeing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Andree. Love the soft tones and how you created these pretty card fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These mixed media cards are stunning, love these! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a great mixed media project. The cards are super. Love the colors you used, they compliment each other perfectly. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
    Barbara DT Member for https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous mixed media cards. Love the hues of blues you used and all the ephemera you used. Just adds so much interest to your cards. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
    Barbara DT Member for https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x