Easter Bliss

Wednesday 1 March 2023

Crafts Galore Encore March 2023

Things are getting exciting at home. We have two weddings in the next couple of months and one little princess in particular is thrilled to get two new pretty outfits. I'm not so happy at the thought of dress shopping for myself though. I rate it just above visiting the dentist - I'm doing that next week too. But, I'm determined to power through and find "Mother of the Bride" suitable outfits. 

But before I put on my comfy shoes and brave the stores ...

.... there is a new challenge starting today at

Thank you to everyone who joined in with last month's challenge. The winners have been announced on the challenge blog. This is a month long challenge and you can enter up to three times. There is a full list of rules on the challenge blog.

Our theme every month is the popular
"Anything Goes"
and our sponsor this month is:




who are offering a $6 voucher for their store for our lucky winner.


I have an 8"x 8" (20 x 20cm) Easter card to show today.

I cut some mixed media card to make the matting layers for the card base, image panel and sentiment. I coloured the edges with lilac Copic pen BV02 to match the image. The yellow mats are Papermania card.
I glued a piece of Easter egg tissue paper to the yellow card mat.


I used the super sweet egg and bunny image from the Easter Hippity Hop digi set and coloured it with my Copics. There are two more eggs, two sentiments and a cute little bunny also in the set. The set comes with coloured images as well as the black line drawings, all in PNG and JPG format.


I added colours to this sentiment from the digi set.


I made paper flowers using mixed media card coloured with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink and added them to the card with a seam binding ribbon bow.


To finish the card I cut some egg shapes from yellow card and white card that was coloured with the lilac Copic  pen.

Now please visit the  Crafts Galore Encore challenge blog where you can see the wonderful projects and cards created by our talented team using  Jan's Digi Stamps images.

11 comments:

  1. Andree what a sweet and beautiful card. You are so creative. I love what you did with the tissue paper and flowers. Soo beautiful, hugs my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet and beautiful Andree

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I also hate shopping for myself, I used to love shopping! You card is lovely, thanks for highlighting Hippity Hoppity so beautifully, and Thanks for playing along at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Andree! You have beautifully framed Easter Hippity Hop. Your coloring on the Hydrangeas is sensational. Thank you for showcasing Easter Hippity Hop on your sweet creation and sharing it with others. Good Luck! Hope you will join us again at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andree, what a beautifully created masterpiece! I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR HANDMADE FLOWERS! Such pretty spring colors, and lovely technique! Thanks for the inspiration and for submitting your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those bunnies. you've done an excellent job with them. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start!

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful creation, Thanks for sharing it with us at The Morgan's Artworld Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful . Thank you for participating in the challenge at Morgan's Artworld. Greetings Helma DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and those paper flowers are gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge Blog.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x