Easter Bliss

Wednesday 1 February 2023

Crafts Galore Encore February 2023

Yay! It's February which means that winter is moving on and, hopefully, temperatures are rising and the weather is improving. We have an unexpected day off today as the school is closed due to the teacher's strike. The little princess is not happy as she loves school so I'll have to find some way of amusing her. Maybe we'll venture out to cuddle some giant rabbits and feed the wallabies? Fingers crossed that the wind and rain stay away today.

Meanwhile .....

.... there is a new challenge starting today at

Thank you to everyone who joined in with last month's challenge. The winners have been announced on the challenge blog. This is a month long challenge and you can enter up to three times. There is a full list of rules on the challenge blog.

Our theme every month is the popular
"Anything Goes"
and our sponsor this month is:

who are offering a prize of 3 digi stamps from their store to our lucky winner.

I've made a 6"x 6" birthday card to show you.

I first created a watercolour page of "smooshed" Distress Oxides using Broken China and Peacock Feathers with water. I then cut the page into a square for the backing, a panel to go across the centre and a small piece for the sentiment. I matted them all onto blue card.

I chose to use the Wild Roses image and coloured it in with my Copics. (I claim 'artistic license' for choosing to make the roses blue and changing their orientation). I cut around the image before attaching it to the card with foam pads.

I wrapped some fabulous gold ribbon (Thank you Pam) around the horizontal panel before fixing it to the card and stamped the sentiment onto the small panel which I also attached with foam pads. I finished the card with some gold gems.

Now please visit the  Crafts Galore Encore challenge blog where you can see the wonderful projects and cards created by our talented team using SheepSki Designs images.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I love reading how you created your cards. Beautiful blue roses. Trim looks awesome 👌. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful card Andree

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. I love the blue roses too. Perfect with your background. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! If you like you can enter this into the Facebook Challenge at SheepSki Designs <3https://www.facebook.com/groups/1730005463906336
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andree, this is a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Gail CT

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x