Easter Bliss

Friday 5 August 2022

Creative Artiste #85 August 2022

I'm being kept very busy amusing the kids during the school holidays. We've had some lovely days out and have a fun filled weekend planned. The kids have been enjoying playdates with their friends and soon it will be my turn for some playdates with my wonderful friend.

But, before then ....

 ....Welcome to a new challenge at

Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last month. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
We have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for all our winners.

I have a collection of empty coffee jars and finally decided to do something with one of them. I've turned it into a vase.

After removing the labels and cleaning the jar I stuck some twine fishnet to the front with soft matt gel.


I then wrapped string around the neck and glued in place. I painted the entire jar with a couple of coats of white acrylic paint.stippling it on the netting to give extra texture.


I painted some resin flowers I'd made with acrylic paints and attached them to the jar with home made texture paste as it's a thick, sticky product with great depth.

I added some resin hearts that I'd painted with green Gansai Tambi watercolour to resemble leaves.
And now I have a new vase!

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge as many times as you like. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.

Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our 
August challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Soo beautiful and creative. Looking forward to seeing you. Hugsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea and beautifully decorated
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks beautiful Andree

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful transformation! I can't believe this was a coffee jar, I love how you decorated it with the string and the neutral background makes those colourful flowers really pop - perfect 😊. Happy August! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely transformation. The arrangement of flowers on the white background is beautiful and the hearts give the final touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning altered bottle. Great colour scheme. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and great recycling here Andree. Love those gorgeous colourful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x