Easter Bliss

Friday 5 February 2021

Creative Artiste #68 February 2021

Thank goodness it's Friday! That means it's nearly the weekend and I can have a break from home schooling. Give me adults to teach and different mediums to work with any day of the week rather than a child with math and literacy work to do. I've earned my weekend off !

 Meanwhile ....

.... Welcome to first challenge of 2021 at
Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge last December. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
and we have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for our winners.

I have made an altered box to inspire you.

This box started out housing a rather yummy Camembert and is made from thin wood. I first used black gesso all over both the top and bottom pieces.

Once dry, I used some texture paste through an old hexagonal stencil on the outsides and gessoed in black again. I then stippled some orange, brown and black acrylic paint over the outside surfaces.

I made the wings with Hearty paper clay and a Prima mould. The cogs are layered die-cuts. I painted the embellishments with turquoise acrylic paints then lightly stippled with brown acrylic. I did the same with the glass beads.

Lastly, I dry brushed the embellishments and the edges of the box top with gold acrylic paint and glued everything in place with matte gel.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our February challenge. 

I have entered this project in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Hi Andree I love how you have decorated this box. It is gorgeous. Keep up the good work home schooling can't be easy. Enjoy your weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andree, soo beautiful. Love the wings. Beautiful colors. And you so deserve the weekend off, hugs
    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous project Andree. Hope you enjoy your well earned weekend free from home schooling. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing transformation! The honeycomb texture looks so beautiful with the gold and the moulded embellishments are gorgeous with the patina - love it 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy February! All the best for 2021! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well deserved weekend indeed, I hope you get a good girl sticker at the end of each school week too you really have earnt it.
    Love your altered box, so inventive and those layered die cut cogs are really effective. The way the stenciled texture paste peeps through is so delicate a very beautiful touch. I'm wondering what you will keep in it now..
    So glad to be back in the DT seat after the break.
    Stay safe & creative Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project Audree. I love the way you transformed the box. Have a creative week and stay safe. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe this box will keep all the "bons points" (stars) you'll get after your home schooling job! It's a great transformation you made of this camembert box, I didn't see first the honeycom details and it's lovely. Have a restful week-end Andrée!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it when we recycle and get something beautiful as a result like you have here Andree. Great colour choices. You sure need a medal for home schooling. It would be so demanding and loads of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful box Andrée, love it!
    Hugs D xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the steampunk style box. And thanks for visiting my blog. I'm planning on joining the challenge again next month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fell in love with this last month, tried to comment and got the error message (problem my end not yours) x

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x