Easter Bliss

Friday 4 September 2020

Creative Artiste #64 September 2020

 I'm pleased to say that 'Back to School' has been a success for our little princess and she likes her new teacher and classroom. Now we can look forward to 'Back to the Office' for Granddad and I can have my house and routine back!

But, before that ....

.... there's a new challenge at
Creative Artiste is a challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge in August. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have been announced on the blog.

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
and we have opportunities to be a Guest Designer for our winners.


I have made a 6"x 6" (15 x 15 cm) folder.

I cut two squares and one rectangle from mountboard and attached them together with black tape to make the folder. I then painted white gesso on all the sides. I attached some beads to elastic as a closure for the folder and added three loops of elastic to hold the signatures.

On the outsides of the folder I used texture paste and #70 Diamond Life stencil from Aall & Create in random areas. I coloured the folder using Broken China and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxides with water.

I finished the outside panels with #235 All Measured Up Aall & Create stamp and added the title with a stamp from their #195 Flowers & Gears stamp set.

On the inside covers I used Aall & Create's #17 stencil with texture paste and parts of their #109 Blossomed Numbers stamp. I coloured the panels using the same previous two DOX colours and Scattered Straw DOX.

The flowers on the front and inside back cover are from the #109 Blossomed Numbers stamp and were coloured with the same DOX previously used. I cut the flowers out and stuck them down with soft matt gel.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the fabulous mixed media projects created by our multi talented team and meet our new team member.
Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our September challenge. 

12 comments:

  1. Loving the colour pallette you've chosen for this creation Andree. So pleased Princess is all settled! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andree, its just beautiful. Love the soft colors and that beautiful flower. Glad you will have your house and routine back soon. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andree this is a stunning folder it is gorgeous. I am pleased that the back to school went well. There is no sign of my hubby going back to the office. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, love the soft colour palette and textures.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful Andree love the soft colour
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft colours Andree. Beautiful stunning canvas. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Andree I felt I should start this comment with a BIG Hurrah!! Glad school has gone down well.. and now onto this pretty delicate creation. Love those colours so subtle where we can explore all those textures. I hope your folder gets good use and takes pride of place.
    Fabtastic!! HUgs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a gorgeous folder! I love all the texture and the soft colours look so fresh and inviting 😁. Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Andre - hope it's not long before you get the house and your routine back lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours and the fresh breathe inspired by your project, Andrée. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Andree how beautiful this folder is. Love the softness and textures. That flower is gorgeous. Awesome inside and out. I so love AALL&CREATE products but are so hard to find here in Oz.

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x