Easter Bliss

Friday 6 December 2019

Creative Artiste #56 December 2019

Christmas prep is coming along nicely with most food, presents and cards sorted, so, I'm giving myself the weekend off to attend a Tracy Evans workshop in Lincolnshire organised by Art Workshops. But, before I pack up and go ....

....Welcome to my December challenge post for 
Creative Artiste is a challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge in November. Your projects were all fabulous and our winners have been announced on the blog.

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

This is one of those projects that I've wanted to do for ages but never got around to.... until now!
It's an altered book based on another of Finnabair's projects. Anna calls it "Rusty Heart".

I started by hollowing out an old hardback book with a craft knife. I used an Aall & Create stencil with texture paste around the edges. After painting Prima's Flaming Heart in black acrylic I gave it a coat of DecoArt crackle paste.

I added small random black splashes, crackle paste and some DecoArt Quinacridone Gold fluid acrylic on the inside front cover. I painted the hollowed side with white gesso before adding cheesecloth and Prima Artstones.

I glued the pages of the book together and painted the sides with Quin Gold and crackle paste.

I painted the hollowed section with DecoArt Prussian Blue Hue fluid acrylic and added Quin Gold to the heart and base and sides.

The next step was to add some random text and clock stamping and drips of DecoArt's Payne's Grey. The Fleur de Lys was cut with a Sizzix Bigz die from thick card and painted with Payne's Grey and Quin Gold.

On the outside of the book I added some texture paste, metal and clay embellishments and cheesecloth. Everything was painted with black gesso.

Lastly I used DecoArt Americana acrylics and Prima's Patina Effect Pastes to create an old rusty look to the book covers.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the wonderful mixed media projects created by our talented team. Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our December challenge.

 Have a fun weekend with whatever you've got planned. I'm looking forward to the Tracy Evans workshop. If I don't see you again before the end of the year:
 Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!


6 comments:

  1. WOW Andree this is stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andree this is a stunning project. I love what you have done with the book it is just amazing. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project! The textures are perfectly combined with the designs and the patinas are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very month you blow me away with your MM talent Andree. What an amazing project you created. The inside has so many lovely elements to look at and then the cover is just stunning with the patina pastes. A beautiful piece of art. Enjoy the workshop and have a Merry Christmas and a Guid New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creations Andree. Bet it's so much fun. Thank you for sharing. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x