Easter Bliss

Friday 1 November 2019

Creative Artiste #55 November 2019

This is my second post for today, please scroll down for my  Crafts Galore Encore post.

....Welcome to my November challenge post for 
Creative Artiste is a challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered the challenge in October. Your projects were all wonderful and our winners have been announced on the blog.

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

This altered box is based on a Finnabair project. Anna calls it a "Galaxy Box". It features on her blog and in a Facebook Live video. A wonderful friend sent me a Graphic 45 ATC Book Box as a present and I couldn't wait to alter it following Anna's inspiration.

I started by giving the box a coat of black gesso, inside and out. Next, I used a bubble stencil with texture paste over the top and sides.

Once that was dry I fixed some Steampunk embellishments, random jewels and Artstones on the top and painted everything with black gesso.

Then I got out my Prima Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique paints and sprayed them with plenty of water to move the paint around. I coloured the sides too. I added touches of Prima Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique Waxes and splashes of white paint.

I created an insert for the box too. The background was done the same way as the outside and I used a couple of Olga Heldwein's Aall & Create stamps to go with the "Galaxy" theme. Some white splashes on the inside box flaps finished it off nicely.

Now it's your turn to have fun and create your mixed media projects. You can enter our challenge up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the wonderful mixed media projects created by our talented team. Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in our November challenge.

 Have a fun weekend with whatever you've got planned. I'm hopefully going to relax.

I've entered this project in the following challenges:
https://lovetocraftchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2019/11/ltccb-40-november-anything-goes.html winner
https://mixitupchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/11/miucb-31-anything-goes-watercoloring.html x
https://bleedingartchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/10/october-challenge-anything-goes.html x

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow Andree this is an absolutely stunning project. I love the was you have decorated the box. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andree, you did an amazing job on your box. I love the inside. A fun project.
    Hugs, Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Andre - hope all is well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing Finnabair-style altered box... it's a magical galaxy for sure - all that great dimension and fabulous sparkle and shimmer. I love the moon revealed on the inside too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Andree! It really does make me think of a galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Andree, this is fabulous, loving the textures and wonderful design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very eyecatching creation. Gorgeous colours.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Andree I LOVE what you have done here with Finn's paints and waxes. I bet your box still smells divine. Such gorgeous colours. Another amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous box. The galaxy feel is greatly given, and I love the insert too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your altered box is stunning, Andree! I love the look of the Art Alchemy paints - did you use a set or individual colours? The galaxy effect is wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, I used individual colours Crocus Fields and Deep Waters.Thank you for your lovely comment, the paints are wonderful to work with xx

      Delete
  11. WOW! Just WOW! I love the altered box it is amazing! Thanks for joining the current challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning project Andree! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andree, your box is stunning. It is beautifully designed. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty. Beautiful design.
    Thank you for joining at MixItUp Challenge
    Irena

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x