Easter Bliss

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Docrafts Photo Holder

I did say that I'd be back with more Docrafts samples and today I have a project to make a photo holder that I saw in the latest Creativity magazine. The idea is by Becky James and uses empty ribbon reels. As I have about a zillion of the things cluttering up the place I thought I would use the idea and make one.

 
I started by taking a small reel and gluing a white paper clip to it then wrapping it in baker's twine. The base ribbon reel is made of card so I coloured the inside with a Promarker and covered the top with a paper from the Gorjuss range by Docrafts. I tied more baker's twine around it.

 
I wrapped an off cut of Gorjuss paper around the middle reel, stuck craft tape around it and covered the top with a paler paper. I then stuck all three reels together. I made paper roses and leaves, again using leftover pieces of Gorjuss paper, to decorate the tower.

 
 I inked a couple of Papermania Big Blooms and added a button to break up the darker colours.
The final embellishments are a ribbon bow, punched out flowers and butterflies, a tag and a heart.
I finished by adding a Gorjuss photo from the A4 paper pack to the paper clip.
This photo holder proved very popular at the demo. I'll bet that you've been saving empty ribbon reels too. Now you know what to do with them.

12 comments:

  1. Morning Andree this is fantastic. Love the concept of this fabulous project, I have been saving my ribbon reels for other ideas I have and this will be added to the list. Fabulous flowers and love the colours.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Andree, what a fab idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andree this is soooo nice,just love it. What a fab idea.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just love this idea Andree will be saving my ribbon reels now thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea. Fabulous project Andree, thanks for telling us how you did it. I love the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Andree - what a great way to use up those empty reels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love the gorjuss girl image and the flowers and colours on thee stand are beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Andree, must have taken a lot of patience, but deffinately worth it :)
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Andree and what a great way of using up our ribbon reels . Yes you know we will all be saving our reels !!! I love the Gorguss pic to xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Andree. You must have a lot of patience. Dare I say it, I throw my empty reels away, but I think I will save them from now on. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Andree, this is fantastic, very creative and the colours of the flowers
    are wonderful.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andree I love the picture you have put on the stand and your take on the stand is beautiful. You have used such lovely colours and keeping them gorjuss it all coordinates beautifully with the image. I love your little flowers and all your colour choices make this so special. Just lovely. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x