Easter Bliss

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Vintage Tricycle

I have made this card to enter in the Sketch Challenge #2 at  Emma's Cards.  The sponsor for this challenge  is Christine Grey. Christine designs and sells her own wonderful digis and the winner of this challenge can choose 3 digis from Christine's shop. To visit her shop click here. The sketch for this challenge can be seen below.
I would also like to enter this card in the challenge at Desmet Designs. The theme is "Things with Wheels". The prize for this challenge is 2 lovely digis. Visit the shop here.

I started with a scalloped 8"x8" card blank and coloured it with Distress Inks; Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen and Spun Sugar. I then stamped it randomly with a La Blanche text stamp in Memento Rich Cocoa. I made the backing paper in MCS by using a paper from Debbi Moore's Shabby Chic Compendium and a rose image from MCS Quintessential Country Garden. I reprinted the  roses several times and used them for decoupage and one for the top corner.


I found the free vintage image of the girl on a tricycle on this fantastic website,  under images of children. I made two mats, one pink and one blue, to match the colours in the photo. I coloured white twill with  a Promarker and used Stazon Ink to stamp a flower border with a Kaiser Craft stamp and inserted it in between the mats.


I fashioned a bow from coloured seam binding and attached a vintage tricycle charm. I used  ticket tags from Kanban and the word Journey from Kaiser Craft's Life Sentiments stamp set for the sentiment. I finished off the card with some Candi as per the sketch.


This is the current sketch. The challenge runs until Sunday 15th July, so you still have time to enter, if you haven't already.


17 comments:

  1. stunning, thanks for entering and good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous Andree, love the image too. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a stunning card . Love the colours, the image and all the fine embellishments to. Good luck with your challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice hun good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Gorgeous, love the colours and the bow :) I'll have to have a go at this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning design good luck in the challenge.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant.... I wish i could do that on a bike Ha Ha.... Good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Andree your card is absolutely beautiful I love your inking and stamping (I have that la blanche one too!) Just a very lovely card. Vee xx ps have you thought about entering it into the challenge at Desmet Designs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andree, another beautiful card, love the flowers, all the colours work so well together. Good luck with the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andree this is just fabulous! I love everything about it from the picture to the flowers and the papers. Good luck in the challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Andree I am back with my DT hat on this time as your entry is on my list! Your card is beautiful and I am happy you were able to join in at Desmet Designs. Good luck in the challenge. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this card, love the colours and image. Good luck in the challange, Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Andree this is a Stunning piece of work love all the stamps, decoupage the background it just all comes together fab, good luck with the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emma this is all kinds of gorgeous and yummy, yummy design elements. Those flowers are spectacular. I love the charms, the bow, the colors. You've hit this one out of the park, g/f.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa
    Tickell Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow wow wow love every thing about it well done andree and good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. fab card hun, love the colours and the image is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous - love the colours especially. Thanks for sharing it with us at Desmet Designs x

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x