Easter Bliss

Friday 4 May 2018

Creative Artiste #38 May 2018

Yay! It's Friday and it's a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK. I have a buy weekend with family coming to visit.
But business first, so;
Welcome to my May post for
We are a challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations we'd love to see you enter the challenge.
A big Thank You to everyone who entered Challenge #37 in April. Your projects were all wonderful and our winner has been announced on the blog. 

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

This month we were let down by our sponsor at the last minute so, we have arranged a GDT spot for May's winner.

I have made a tag using some popular mixed media techniques.

I cut the tag and the smaller pieces from greyboard and gave them a coat of gesso. Once dry I used a wax stick to create a resist so I could make the tag and layers look like weathered wood. I then painted all the pieces with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in Paynes Grey, Quinacridone Gold and Prussian Blue Hue. I finished with a top coat of Titan Buff and a light wash of Quin Gold.


I used various stamps over the tag and layers and then applied texture paste through a tattered harlequin stencil on the tag only. I made washes of Prussian Blue and Quin Gold Media Fluid acrylics to colour the texture paste once dry.


I used an old butterfly stamp on watercolour card and coloured it with the left over washes before fussy cutting it out. I layered everything up with Prima Soft Matt Gel.

This challenge runs until the 27th of May so you have time to create your mixed media projects and enter up to three times. A full list of the rules is on the challenge blog. For more inspiration please visit the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog to see the wonderful mixed media projects created by our talented team.  Remember to have fun crafting and enter your "Anything Mixed Media Goes" creations in the challenge.
I hope you have something fun planned for your weekend.

I've entered this project into the following challenges:
http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/may-challenge.html Top Three
http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/may-challenge.html x
https://abitmoretimetocraftextra.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/a-bit-more-time-to-craft-extra.html Winner

15 comments:

  1. Hi Andree this is a stunning tag I love it. Have great time with your family. I think the weather is going to be good. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andree
    Fabulous tag. Its cool how you created it,
    Hugs, Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag Andrée and a fabulous tutorial. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is fabulous Andree, love the colours and gorgeous butterfly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details and the butterfly is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Andree. Very pretty details. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning creation Andree. Loving the colours and textures. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning card and detail Andrea. A real beauty!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely combination of colour and elements you have used on your tag. Thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. Love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work Andree.....thank you for sharing with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit.

    Hema -DT@Rhedds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my
    comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as
    yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello it’s actually a colol and helpful
    piesce oof info. I’m happy that you shared this useful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cheap iphone CasesiPhone Cases grkqpa 69010

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x