Easter Bliss

Thursday 22 June 2017

Urban Chic Graffiti

The weather here in the UK has been gloriously sunny and hot this past week. Personally I love the hotter weather and constant sunshine although I do understand that some people suffer in the heat. But like all good things the wonderful weather is about to change and the rain is starting to roll in.
Last Saturday I was in Bournemouth, a beachside town in the south of England, attending a workshop with Mark Gould. It was a very hot day but we were tucked in a lovely cool room at the Atelier shop and Mark was teaching us different techniques to create a graffiti based wall hanging.

I won't tell you the techniques that Mark taught us, you will have to take his workshop to learn the secrets, but we used a 10"x 10" (25cm x 25cm) wooden base, an image transfer technique and lots of DecoArt products.


As soon as I saw this image I knew I wanted to use it. There is something about Audrey Hepburn that has always appealed to me. This type of black and white image is called 'a threshold' image and is available from Andy Skinner's website under his Products tab along with some other iconic images.


As you can clearly see we used stencils to create a textured background. I chose the wall stencil as the project is based on wall art. We also got to use some products that I'd not used before so it was great to have a play with new mediums. 


We also used small stencils to mimic graffiti and, lastly, some word stencils. I chose images I thought went with the glamorous, iconic picture. The stencils are from DecoArt and That's Crafty.

I can highly recommend Mark's workshops. His style is what he describes as " Industrial Grunge meets Shabby Chic" and he has several different classes to chose from. You can find Mark on Facebook where he advertises his workshops.

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Andrée
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Andrée this is an amazing project. The textures, colours and wonderful image are all perfect. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She turned out fab. Love the brighter colour choices and the stencils you chose work perfectly for ol Audrey. X.
    Thanks for the shout out and glad you had fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andree, Another beautiful piece. I love the pretty colors and the Audrey image a lovely classic. Glad you enjoyed your weekend, Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Andree you are so so talented, I love how she turned out...

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andree this is stunning I love it. The workshop must have been amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning piece of artwork Andrea. I love it!
    Laine.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andree, what an amazing wall art. The design and colours are superb. You certainly have a talent for mixed media and so glad you enjoyed the workshop.Typical to have the hot weather once I cam home but cannot complain at least I managed to get a tan pottering around my garden. I do wish I was still on holiday as I would have loved to come along to another class and have a chat with the girls and again learn something new. Take card Hugs Jennifer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Andree - it's fab! Love your new look blog as well. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous and love the design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning Andree, love the image and you really nailed "urban chic graffiti"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous and eye catching xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card, Andree! I love the vintage style, but with the bright, happy colors! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Audrey is so instantly recognisable. I like what you have created here with the image. I'm off to find Mark on Facebook. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is just fab, i adore how you have done the grungy graffiti wall but done your usual magic with pastel colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Fabulous mixed media piece - adorable!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous Andree. I do love Audrey Hepburn.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love this! I love the soft, washed out shades of the background with that striking black image.

    Would you believe "Noon River@ is playing on the radio as I'm writing this?

    ReplyDelete
  19. so chic...so super cool.
    tfs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x