Easter Bliss

Friday 21 April 2017

Ministry Weekend April 2017

Hello everyone. The year is travelling fast and another weekend is almost upon us.
I recently spent a very busy weekend in Coventry at the Ministry of Mixology Retreat. For those of you who don't know, the Ministry of Mixology Retreats are run by Tando Creative and Andy Skinner. Most of the wet mediums we used over the weekend were supplied by DecoArt.
There were two main tutors. France Papillion and Kate Crane. Although their styles are very different both are lovely, patient and very talented in the world of mixed media. I really enjoyed both classes. I learned new techniques and got to play with products I'd not used before.


On Saturday I attended France's class. We made a book box to hold ink pads. The actual kit was supplied by Tando Creative and was easy to assemble once France explained it all.
The box was then covered in several layers of paints and finishes to achieve an old wood effect.

The final part was to decorate the top of the box and thread the string.


Kate's class on Sunday was a divided box to hold tags and four tags to put in it. I didn't manage to finish all of the tags on the day.

The box was decorated and assembled in the morning session. The colour palette and techniques were great fun to work with.

I managed to paint and embellish one of the large tags (6"/15cm square) and start painting the other tags in the afternoon.


On Saturday evening there were Make & Take sessions. I managed to do three of those. 

The first project was Dee Adams's Steampunk heart.


My second Make & Take was Hannah Oxberry's stencilled tag. I really need to practice this one.

My last project of the night was Nikki Killinger's acrylic media board. I now understand the principle of working backwards! 

I'd like to say a very big Thank You to everyone involved in organising and participating in the Ministry retreat weekend. I had a fabulous time and learned so much.
 I shall be attending a Clare Charvill workshop on Saturday and working with some pretty Graphic 45 papers. Have a good weekend everyone, I hope you have something nice planned.

17 comments:

  1. Wow Andree all your makes are stunning. It must have been a wonderful workshop. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning makes Andree hugs S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh Andree - these are all wonderful makes. Sounds like you had a very creative and productive time. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Such beautiful pieces. Love the soft colour tones and wonderful detail Andree!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andree, missed seeing you at Ally Pally this year but I am sure you enjoyed your weekend retreat more. Love what you made, the deco art prducts are great to work with. I went to one of Andy Skinners workshops when I lived in Cambridge, loved trying different products out. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andree, what cool and fun pieces you have created. A very creative weekend, Hugs Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what great and beautiful projects Andree
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow look like you really enjoyed yourself, the projects are fabulous and I just love the steampunk heart. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW these are amazing Andree! So happy to hear you had a wonderful day. I enjoyed the class that I did with France last year she sure is talented and so patient.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous work Andrea xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic collection Andree
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, these projects are just awesome. love the works

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer!! I just typed out a great long answer and somehow managed to delete it!! Tsk!!!!
    Anyway, the gist of it was that I was bowled over by your creative take on the Mixology classes, I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to us all getting together again next time. Hope youenjoy your class with Claire - I did make n take with her at a show one time and she was brilliant :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow all your makes look absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the mixed media silver heart . Looking forward to seeing your make from Clare's class. I have just been on the Oyster Retreat which was also good. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andree, what a fabulous post full of gorgeous art! Looks like your creativity was out in full force! Love love love your mixed media work.
    Jackie xo
    thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog! ")

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x