I received some lovely presents last week for Mothering Sunday. There was a thick acetate band around one of them that I thought would be perfect for a make over.
I used an X-cut die to cut some grass strips and stood them up inside the base. Then I fixed one to the front and added some punched butterflies.. The background card was from my stash and I added a Memory Box leafy die-cut.
The butterflies are created from a mixture of X-cut, Memory Box and Cheery Lynn dies, plus an X-cut punch. One butterfly is fixed to the front and another two are dangling on a strip of acetate inside.
The side view shows the depth and the rows of grasses.
I don't think I'm unique as a crafter for keeping hold of empty boxes, tins and packaging for a possible crafty purpose. It's nice to actually get around to transforming something though.
I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges: