Easter Bliss

Thursday 23 May 2013

Docrafts Birdhouse

I had a lovely day demonstrating for Docrafts last Saturday and met some wonderful crafters. One of the new Docrafts collections is called "Home to Nest" and is full of bird houses and gardening related images and papers. This inspired me to make my own bird house from card. It generated quite a bit of interest at the demo and I thought I'd show it here.


I took four 5"x 7" Papermania Kraft Card blanks and glued them together in a line so each side is a double thickness. I then trimmed two of the sides to 4.5" and cut the other two to make the apexes. I die- cut the circles and glued the two ends together to make the box.


I used another Kraft Card blank to make the roof. I painted the bird house with acrylic paint and made a small box as a perch and then tied lace around the house.


I die-cut flowers using Xcut Petal Posy large dies and two of the papers from the "Home to Nest" collection. I also used the new Palm Punches to create the small flowers and butterflies. 

I hope you like my bird house and that you check out this new Docrafts collection. The artwork is wonderful and suitable for all those men and women you know who love their gardens.

18 comments:

  1. Wow Andree you are so clever! I love this bird box, what a wonderful creation, no wonder it caused a lot of interest at your demo! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous Andree, gorgeous papers and embellishments, well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Andree! A really beautiful creation - so inspirational! Love the gorgeous colourway and pretty flowers too!
    Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andree , that is so gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Andree this is fantastic!! Love the gorgeous papers and the beautiful flowers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Andree! Your birdhouse is amazing, so very pretty and so clever!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Andree. You are very clever

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Lovely bird house! You did a great job!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous Andree...who made it? Hee hee.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Andree - such beautiful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Andree, as my new socks say, I love, love this, yummy, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOSH....This is absolutely stunning. The birdbox is well put together and the diecuts in those beautiful pastel colours looks absolutely gorgeous....I am in absolute love with this.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Andree . What a great colour combo and i love all the flowers you have used to decorate it xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so beautiful hun, love the colours and all the gorgeous flowers, really stunning work
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is so beautiful Andree such pretty colours & gorgeous detail xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning. Beautifuly constructed and embelished. I like your description of how you put it together as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty little birdhouse Andree. Love it. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x