Easter Bliss

Sunday 4 August 2013

Lacy Sunshine Challenge #14

Today sees the start of a new challenge on the Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog. Our theme for this challenge is "Favourite Things". So use your favourite things and tell us what they are. All entries must still have a hand coloured image, either stamped or a digi. There is a top prize of $30 to spend on digis in the Lacy Sunshine Store if you've used a Lacy Sunshine image. The "Top Three" will each get to choose 2 digis from the store. There is also a GDT post up for grabs each challenge. There is now a loyalty program for the challenge digi. A discounted digi is available from the Lacy Sunshine shop for each challenge which will entitle you to a future challenge image for free if you've used the discounted one to enter this challenge. The instructions are on the challenge blog.

The DT have used their favourite Lacy Sunshine digis for this challenge and, after much umming and ahhing, and trying to pick just one favourite, I chose the Melancholy Moppet Anastasia - Field of Flowers.


I used a paper from MCS Quintessential Country Garden (a favourite thing) and digitally altered the colour and gave it a brown border. After printing, I used the Grunge Flourish stamp from Visible Image and copper gilding flakes (a favourite thing).


I decided to colour the image in sepia tones with my Promarkers (a favourite thing).  I then cut round the image and mounted it on foam pads. The flowers were white and I coloured them with Promarkers too. I tied a bow with silk ribbon (a favourite thing). 


I hand cut a tag shape and used Distress Inks and Cast Bronze gilding wax to colour it (another favourite thing). I added some frayed silk ribbon and a sentiment. The Art Nouveau shapes are a Crafts-Too die which I cut from brown textured card and rubbed with the gilding wax. I managed to include lots of my favourite things on this card as you can see.
Head on over to the Lacy Sunshine Challenge blog to see which favourite digi images the other Sunshine Girls chose and the fabulous creations  they've made for your inspiration. Then choose your own favourite things and tell us what they are. We can't wait to see.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Andree! Love the sepia tones and Anastasia fits so perfectly within the vintage feel. Gorgeously embellished too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and such gorgeous colours - just perfect!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning and I adore the beautiful monochromatic colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andree, your creation just amazes me...that coloring is really wow. You've captured "that look" so well...bravo, friend! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card Andree.

    Nice colour choice.

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Andree, love this image and your sepia tones work perfectly.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Andree! I love your colour palette and your colouring and design are amazing as always!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Andree, love the "Sepia" look, to this card, and I do like that image hun xxx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x