Easter Bliss

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Birthday Boy

I have fallen seriously behind with my blogging and I have a backlog of cards to show. I wanted to post this one as I'm going to take advantage of a challenge that finishes in a few days.
I have made a birthday card for a young boy. He is at that awkward age between teddies and teens and he's not into football. I decided on this lovely digi image from the Joanna Sheen CD Daisy and Friends.


I started with an 8"x 8" card blank. All the backing papers are from the CD and the mats are Kraft card. I wrapped coloured twine around the die-cut panels before fixing to the card. The bunting is cut from another backing paper on the CD and attached with foam pads.


I coloured the image with Promarkers to match the papers and mounted it on foam pads. The sentiment was created on the computer and I finished the card with three small buttons.

I would like to enter this card in:
 Joanna Sheen Challenge "Boys will be Boys"
Creative Crew - Challenge 42 "Banner/Pennant"

20 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Andree, it is quite tough doing these cards for our in between boys, but this is fab, such a brilliant image and love your layout, love the twine, wrapped around the die cut, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Avril
    Hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Andree - I so love the soft colours, just perfect for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww such a cute little card for a boy
    Krafty Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Andree Andree! You've had Bailey round again doing your crafting for you, haven't you? Great colouring and colours and fab layout.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and love the image and the papers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Andree, love the way you've done the panels behind the image. The colours and the bunting are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, love the layout and the colours used, good luck in the challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW STUNNING boys card, e will love it, Great colouring and I love the backing papers and the design and lay out, Hope you are well beautiful xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I jst love your tweenie card Andree! The papers are gorgeous & the bunting really finishes it off! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Andree, love the colour combo you have used and a super image
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely wonderful. That image is great for males of any age. The colours you have chosen are gorgeous and the arrangement of those beautiful papers are perfect.

    Hugs and <3
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant boys card. The image looks fabulous and I love the design.

    Thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card such a clean looking card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great, I love the layout, colours & papers...... brilliant boys card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab boys card Andree love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely card! I love your use of banners, thanks so much for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card for a youngster and fab colouring of the digi.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable, love the colours. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet, love the image and the colours and bunting are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x