Easter Bliss

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Another 18th Birthday Card

This is a birthday card I made for my best friend to give to Cathy for her birthday. Both of them  love shoes so I knew they'd be pleased with this card.


I used the Shoes in Bloom CD from Ooh La La Creations to create this 8"x 8" card. I used Adorable Scorable card as the base and matted and layered black card and a faux weave paper from the CD.


There are so many fabulous shoe images and papers to choose from, but I thought this pink rose one was perfect.  I printed it a few times and decoupaged the roses. I matted and layered the topper with pink and black card and added glitter to the petals.


I printed the 18, punched it out and covered it in glitter. The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the leaf flourishes are a Cheery Lynn die. 
Needless to say, both ladies were thrilled with the card. I hope you like it too.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Andree, love the image and the faux weave paper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous Andree, love the paper weaving and the shoe is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Andree, the paper weaving is stunning and love that shoe.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,lovely image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Andree.

    Nice image and great layout.

    Traceyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, love the idea of the shoe :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous card. I love the touch of glitter on the age, and the shoe topper is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card Andree, so very stylish.

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x