Easter Bliss

Thursday 15 November 2012

PapercraftJunkies #4

Today is the launch of a new challenge at PapercraftJunkies and it’s my turn to host this fortnightly challenge.  Thank you to everyone who took part in the last challenge, the winners will be announced in a few days.
We have a fantastic theme this time, it’s “White on White”. Your image can have some colour but we’d like to see everything else in white. You can enter any kind of craft project, providing it follows the theme. There are quite a few prizes on offer for different categories, so check out the sidebar on the challenge blog for the details and the rules.  You have until 10am on the 1st December to enter, so to give you some inspiration here is my DT card.


I covered the front of an 8"x 8" card blank with white Centura Pearl to which I'd attached a length of wired white patterned ribbon. I then embossed a piece of white card with a snowflake folder that came free with a magazine. I edged the panel with a silver Promarker.


I used the Christmas Snow People image and coloured the black and white version with Pastel Blue, Pale Pink and Ice Grey 1 Promarkers. I used a silver Promarker around the edges for definition. I think the image is so cute with the little birds in the center. The sentiment is a silver peel-off.


For my embellishments I used a Marianne poinsettia die and snowflake dies and a Cheery Lynn small leaf flourish die. They were all cut from plain white card and spot glittered. To finish with I tied a bow with the white wired ribbon.

Don't forget to visit the PapercraftJunkies Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous cards from the other Design Team members to give you some more inspiration. Everyone has, of course, used images from the lovely Tracey and they can all be found in the PapercraftJunkies Shop. There are some wonderful freebies up for grabs too, so make sure you pop by to have a good look.


19 comments:

  1. so pretty hun love the white on white with just a hint of colour in the image

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite WOW and your card is stunning xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. The build up of white on white layers is a perfect frame for your snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, the image is adorable .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful hun, I love white on white, the poinsettia's flourishes and snowflakes are all gorgeous and I love those adorable snowmen
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Andree I love the snowman and the white on white.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Andree this is just adorable, I love all the layers you've used and those little snowmen are just too sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card Andree, really love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. white on white love it and such cute snowmen great design Andree it's stunning .Carolxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card, Andree. Love the hint of colour on the white. Very clean and crisp looking. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andree this card is gorgeous, I do love white on white, and the image is super.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! I love the poinsetta and the touch of colour on the sweet images. I always think white and white is most effective when there are lovely textures and areas of interest and you have done this so wonderfully, Andree. Love, Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card!! Such a cute image too! I love everything about your gorgeous card :)

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Andree, I love the design of your card and the gorgeous images.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ps thank you so very much for my lovely "thank you" card. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Andree. Fab embellies.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I love white on white cards!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x